Wildlands Network is a non-profit organization that is committed to reconnecting, restoring and rewilding North America so that life—in all its diversity—can thrive. We have staff in the United States and Mexico working with NGO partners, landowners, elected officials and government agencies to protect, maintain and restore wildlife habitat and movement corridors. Through science, policy and partnerships we work to achieve landscape-scale connectivity.
Wildlands Network is committed to recruiting, training and retaining talented, diverse and creative staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission. We currently have one open opportunity.
Wildlands Network seeks an experienced development professional to lead our international development operations. As a growing organization with a $2+ Million annual budget, we are looking for an innovative and dynamic thinker who seeks to expand and diversify our fundraising strategies, while serving as an integral member of the organization’s staff leadership team.
Manage Development Program and Staff
- Manage development program staff and operations, providing both daily management oversight and long-term strategic vision.
- Oversee donor prospect portfolio and seek new funding sources across philanthropic categories.
- Oversee the management and selection of development program technology and software platforms.
- Implement and manage donor management and recruitment strategies, based on industry best practices as well as innovative tactics.
Serve as Key Member of Organizational Leadership
- Coordinate closely with Communications Manager, Conservation Director and Executive Director to support organizational project priorities and strategic vision through philanthropic strategy.
- Work collectively with internal leadership team to support and develop overall organizational strategy.
- Assist in board development and engagement.
- Serve as organizational expert on current and emerging philanthropic industry trends and strategies.
Meet Overall Organizational Revenue Goals
- Proactively develop relationships with new major donors and foundations.
- Create donor prospecting systems and practices.
- Oversee current grant and donor management to secure budgeted funding and maintenance of long-term relationships.
- Work with Executive Director on revenue forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist board and executive leadership in meeting reserve funding and endowment goals, as well as developing policies to meet those goals.
Oversee Fundraising Communications and Outreach
- Work closely with Communications Manager to design donor-focused communications strategies and materials.
- Lead efforts to form corporate and strategic partnerships to benefit the organization.
- Proactively work to increase brand awareness and recognition.
- Experience executing and developing high-level development program strategy and managing staff.
- Familiarity and comfort with digital fundraising tactics and tools.
- Experience with direct donor relationships and cultivation.
- Experience with corporate giving and relationship management.
- Desire to serve in mentorship capacity.
- Technologically savvy, including with video conferencing and other communications tools.
- Outgoing and warm personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion for wildlife conservation.
- Ability to work comfortably in a bilingual (Spanish-English), international and multi-cultural environment (Spanish language skills not required).
- Ability to travel, including internationally.
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt position
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Compensation: $75-90K, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package, including group health and dental insurance, 3-months family leave policy, and sabbatical policy.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Katie Davis at email@example.com.
Wildlands Network’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.