Wildlands Network is a lean organization with a bold mission—and a passionate team of staff, consultants, and volunteers striving to rewild North America. Please check back here for future opportunities.
Wildlands Network’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Wildlands Network is a growing 25-year nonprofit organization that is committed to reconnecting, restoring, and rewilding North America so that life in all its diversity can thrive. We have staff in the United States and Mexico working with NGO partners, landowners, elected officials, and government agencies to protect, maintain, and restore wildlife habitat and movement corridors. Wildlands Network is committed to diversity and to recruiting and retaining talented and creative staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission.
Wildlands Network seeks a Communications Manager with a strong passion to provide outstanding administrative, procedural, and operational support for a portfolio of initiatives to advance Wildlands Network’s communications program and donor relations. The Communications Manager will report to the Chief Philanthropy Officer. Working directly with program directors and leadership, the selected candidate will be responsible for helping develop and implement the strategic direction for Wildlands Network’s communications program, while ensuring consistency in messaging. This position provides guidance and direction on strategic communications and media relations and works closely with the philanthropy department to tell Wildlands Network’s story.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate leadership, program, and philanthropy staff to develop communications and campaign plans for Wildlands Network.
- Manage content development, editing, and publishing for Wildlands Network’s newsletter and action alert emails.
- Develop and manage the organization’s website and blog.
- Develop and build out Wildlands Network’s social media presence.
- Collaborate with the philanthropy team on development communications.
- Plan, in coordination with leadership and philanthropy, the editorial calendar and ensure that deadlines are met and projects are completed.
- Prepare and distribute press releases and build reporter lists.
- Develop media pitches and media placements.
- Track social, website, and email traffic and prepare monthly analytics reports on communications’ progress for the Board and leadership.
- Take the lead on special design and printing projects.
- Assess and identify how best to improve communications and evaluate and recommend solutions with realistic objectives and timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of demonstrated success in communications.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and meet multiple deadlines.
- High degree of initiative.
- Team player
Generous paid vacation, sick, family leave and sabbatical policies; employer-sponsored health and dental coverage; 10K life insurance policy; access to retirement account; support for ongoing professional development.
Salt Lake City, UT
Please send resumes and cover letters to Katie Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by July 19. No phone calls, please.