This is post 3 of 6 in "Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument."
Throughout this series, we follow the protection of the Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument. You'll learn about the importance of the monument, which would permanently protect the area from new uranium mining while simultaneously safeguarding cultural and natural resources. All posts in this series…
Ed George’s excellent new film, North Rim Notes, features outdoor recreation business owners, artists, scientists, writers and explorers sharing their deep ties to the watershed surrounding Grand Canyon. Together, they make an inspirational plea for President Obama to permanently protect this world class wildlife corridor as the Greater Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument. Ed Abbey would have no doubt joined them in this call to action, having worked for a time at the nearby North Rim fire lookout.
Please send your own letter to President Obama urging monument designation for the Grand Canyon’s watershed by clicking here.
More posts from Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument
- Bill Would Protect 1.7 Million Acres Near Grand Canyon as National Monument, November 3, 2015
- Greater Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument Needs Your Letter to President Obama, February 15, 2016
- New Film Pleads with Obama to Permanently Protect Grand Canyon Watershed, April 8, 2016
- The Land We Defend, May 30, 2016
- We Must Save the Grand Canyon from Being Spoiled, June 21, 2016
- Half-million+ Call for Grand Canyon Monument, July 6, 2016